Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Peanut Butter-Banana Spirals


My post today is based on the website Cooking Light (http://goo.gl/1SWavml). Part of my New Year's resolution was to begin to eat healthy, and this website has helped in many ways. This website includes just about 80 different healthy, and delicious, snacks. I, like about every other kid, am hungry when I come home from school. I usually ate a large meal that would fill me because I hadn't eaten all day. But, now that it is important to eat breakfast every single day and to eat at every meal, and if hungry in between, to eat small healthy snacks. These recipes that the website has included have allowed me to always have a different variety of healthy snacks during and after school! I will never get sick of having one thing for too long(:

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
1/3 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
1 tablespoon orange juice
2 ripe bananas, sliced
4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
2 tablespoons honey-crunch wheat germ
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon


DIRECTIONS:

Combine peanut butter and yogurt, stirring until smooth. Drizzle juice over bananas; toss gently to coat

Spread about 3 tablespoons of peanut butter mixture over each of the tortillas, leaving only a 1/2 inch border.                              http://goo.gl/WMUwyY
Arrange about 1/3 cup of banana slices in a single layer over the peanut butter mixture. Then, combine wheat germ and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over the banana slices. Lastly, roll up the bananas and roll into 6 pieces and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment